Friday, January 23, 2009

Blago - Constitutional Soldier

This week, the station manager at 890 AM, WLS in Chicago offered Rod Blagojevich his own radio show, the Sunday Noon to 2:00 PM slot, if he would resign as governor.

Aside for piquing listener interest and sparking heavy debate, it did indeed catch the attention of our disgraced governor, to the extent that he was in this morning for a lengthy, 40 minute interview with the station's morning show, Don Wade and Roma.

This was absolutely one of the most fascinating interviews I've ever heard in my entire life.

You can find the interviews for your downloading and listening pleasure
here, and I would HIGHLY recommend the listen.

What can I say about this? Man, the balls on this guy. He really, genuinely seems to believe he didn't do anything wrong. He also claims that he's essentially a martyr, arguing that the state legislature wants him gone so they can hike state taxes that he opposes.

I can see how people have commented that they think he's
mentally unstable.

How else could you possibly be going around OFFERING TO SELL A SENATE SEAT, and then go on the radio and tell everyone listening that because you think you're being prosecuted unfairly, that you're a SOLDIER OF THE CONSTITUTION?

If we weren't already through the looking glass with the bailouts and the potential stimulus, I would say I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

Utterly fascinating nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment