Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lollapalooza: Day Three Must See's

Day three of Lollapalooza looms. My legs are rubber from walking nonstop for two days already and my body is sore from moshing to Rise Against and Tool like I was 16 years old. Yet day three brings more must see bands than either of the previous two days.

Cage the Elephant

I had never heard of this band until I started randomly browsing the Lollapalooza lineup back in the spring. Thank goodness I did, because these guys have put out, quite simply, the best rock album of the year, hands down. Can't miss.





Cold War Kids

Just one of the coolest sounding bands around. No song they've done has ever let me down.





Lou Reed

The original alternative rock god. Known for either being the greatest show you've ever seen, or the worst, Lollapalooza marks his first ever festival show in the United States. My money is on "best show ever" this time, enough so to eschew Snoop Dogg in his favor.





Silversun Pickups

When I first heard Lazy Eye, I thought these guys sounded like a weak Smashing Pumpkins cover band. Then I heard Panic Switch. Now I am hooked. This should be good!



Jane's Addiction

I have never seen Jane's Addiction, so I can't wait for this show. Fitting that Perry Farrel will close out his monstrous festival himself. Here's looking forward to a great performance!



No comments:

Post a Comment