Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Failvertising

First off, go here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/terminator-salvation.html?showVideo=1

Second, move your face away from the screen, you're getting drool on your keyboard.

Now I imagine that each viewing is different, but at the end of my short experience of watching that beautiful display of pure cinematic manliness I was presented with an advertisement for some Oil of Olay makeup product that promised to improve my complexion and hide blemishes and whatnots.
A similar thing occurs whenever I take in some classic nerd fare and watch any of the episodes of the Original Star Trek here on CBS.com. I'm led to believe that these ads are controlled by advanced algorithms and analytical programs that monitor where I go online and what kinds of things I'm likely to buy. So far, I haven't seen much proof.

Although, it probably wouldn't hurt us pasty male Star Trek and Terminator fans to tart ourselves up a little now and again.

1 comment:

  1. Mine was for Nyquil. Which works kind of OK, since I've got a little bit of a cough today.

    Maybe your computer just thinks you're ugly.

    Hah!

    ReplyDelete